11L Aluminium Chamber, Heat Mat & Pump Kit
BHO Hardware’s range of vacuum chambers are ideal for degassing (removing air from) materials such as polyurethane, resin, oils etc. Degassing polyurethane and resin is used in modelling as it ensures a smooth finish with no air bubbles causing imperfections in the surface. When degassing plant oils it extracts gas from the oil and can be used with plants such as lavender, mint or rose.
What makes our products stand out
- Our larger chamber bodies are spun from aluminium sheeting so no welding is involved which gives a clean smooth finish.
- All aluminium chambers are spun in the UK
- Transparent polycarbonate lid (UK cut) allows you to see the material inside to check on progress
- Rubber seal around the top of the chamber ensures vacuum is held. Instead of earlier neoprene version which disintegrated after a few uses.
Kit includes as standard
- 11L aluminium spun chamber
- Polycarbonate lid
- Glycerine filled vacuum gauge
- 90cm hose with metal fittings to connect the chamber gauge to the pump
- Instruction booklet
- Heat mat 10”/254mm circular
- Choice of vacuum pump – 2.5CFM (entry level) or 3CFM (MasterCool) or 4CFM (entry level)
Vacuum pump specification
- 2.5CFM – entry level
- Single stage
- 1/4 HP motor
- Pump speed 1440 rpm
- 220ml oil capacity
- Electrical specs: 220v/50hz
- 0.05/5Pa Mbar
- Weight: 6.6kg
- Dimensions (cm): 26 x 11 x 24
3CFM MasterCool – high quality
- Twin stage
- 1/4 HP motor
- Pump speed: 2880 rpm
- 250ml oil capacity
- Ultimate vacuum: 15 microns
- Electrical specs: 220V / 50 HZ 50V / 60 HZ
- Weight: 10.7kg
- Dimensions (cm): 35 x 14.3 x 26.5
Features of the MasterCool vacuum pump, why it’s more expensive over the more basic pumps
- Vapour discharge / oil fill port easily removable, contains internal check valve to prevent escape of liquid oil
- Non slip cushion Handle
- Dual voltage, slide switch 110v v 220v recessed for protection
- Includes T fitting with 1/4″ flare and 1/2″ acme ports
- High volume fan provides cool air to motor and pump
- Gas ballast valve helps prevent oil contamination caused by high moisture
- Manifold valve isolates pump from the system testing for leaks
- Includes 3 inlet ports 1/4″, 3/8″ SAE and 1/2″ acme
- Cooling fins to keep temperature cooler during extended motor operation.
The heat mat has a peel back adhesive to adhere it to the bottom of the chamber and is 254mm / 10 inches in diameter.
The digital heater is super accurate, and will hold a temp within a degree (depending on the environment and air movement) The heater includes full instructions to operate.
The controller has a temperature offset that will need to be found to set the controller accurately. Anything you attach a heat pad to will act like a heat sink; therefore the set temperature will be different from the actual inside temperature.