2L Vacuum Extraction Chamber Vacuum Pump Kit
BHO Hardware’s range of vacuum chambers are ideal for degassing (removing air from) materials such as polyurethane, resin, oils etc. Degassing polyurethane and resin is used in modelling as it ensures a smooth finish with no air bubbles causing imperfections in the surface. When degassing plant oils it extracts gas from the oil and can be used with plants such as lavender, mint or rose.
What makes our products stand out
– Transparent polycarbonate lid (UK cut) allows you to see the material inside to check on progress
Kit includes as standard
– Acrylic chamber with poly-carbonate lid
– Glycerine filled vacuum gauge
– 90cm hose with metal fittings
– Vacuum pump
– Instruction booklet
The pump options in this kit are as follows, for more information on each pump please click on the relevant link;
- 3CFM MasterCool
Using the chamber with a pump
We recommend a maximum of 15-20 minutes to run the pump and pull a deep vacuum It should take 10 minutes to pull the vacuum and then leave the pump running for another 10 minutes. After this initial pull you should see the vacuum drop as this is when most of the degassing occurs. The vacuum can be maintained for up to 100 hours or longer but the pump itself isn’t run continuously. Periodically let air in to your chamber to burst any bubbles and then pull the vacuum again, using the pump for another maximum of 20 minutes. This can be repeated intermittently and you can also flip your material as part of the degassing process.
– When using with a vacuum pump always ensure there is oil in the pump and that it is clean and changed regularly
– Let the pump cool between uses and don’t have it running for prolonged periods of time.
– Afterwards ensure the pump and chamber valves are turned off in the reverse order of how you turned them on and disconnect the hose. Otherwise you may pull oil from the pump into the chamber.
– Thoroughly research the processes when using these products
– Only intended for the use of people over age 18